Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

Happy Valentines Days! 

Image taken from www.angel-stardust.com


If I must be honest, I am not a huge fan of Valentine’s day. It is too commercial and there is too much hype and expectation. The whole 'will he buy me a gift or not' is just setting everyone up for failure! Your poor boyfriend gets slaughtered if lo and behold he didn't get anything and you convince yourself that he does not love you because he didn't go out and buy you a million roses of each colour. Why? So they say it is the day of love and to tell the person you love how you feel? Well what about yesterday and what about tomorrow? Is it not as important to say I love you on those days? Does it mean any less if your boyfriend buys you a rose next week, or would it actually mean more because it is a day that he is not 'supposed' to buy you something. I can guarantee that you will feel more special when he comes in with a gift for you 'just because' and not because hallmark said he must buy you something!

Xavi and I have never done too much on Valentine’s day as we both feel the same about it. But even we have had our dilemma of 'is he/she going to buy me something?' Not because we need it as a confirmation of our love, simply because we need to know if we need to pop out to the shop to go and get something as well. We tend to only buy small things for each just as a little gesture. This year was no different.

I woke up earlier than usual thanks to little noodle not sleeping so well. So yaincoa came in and gave us a piece of paper that xavi had made with a little Valentines message and little hearts on it. They said good bye and off they went. I had already decided that once Emmeline had woken up from her first nap around 11:00ish, we would go and take a walk to buy a little something for Xavi and give it to him when he came home. However due to the rain, Xavi came home early and found me having just put Emmeline to bed and me still in my pyjamas with unbrushed hair and teeth.

Sexy and romantic.

He bought me this lovely wall clock with a 1920's style couple smooching, a big heart behind them, and an orchid in a little glass vase. So sweet!  I told him that I had to go down and buy . . . baby milk (couldn't think of anything else!) He sussed me out and told me to not bother, but I carried on with my baby milk story and off I went.
I know that he like photos but that we don’t have any printed and in frames as they are all on the computer. So I decided to get some of us printed and buy some cheap frames for them. And since he was feeling really down about saying goodbye to Yaincoa this morning (he is with the wicked witch this week), I decided to get some photos of Yaincoa, Emmeline and us as a family printed with frames as well. Well I got them printed, bought some cheap frames, came home and told xavi all the supermarkets had closed due to the rain - hence I had no baby milk! He laughed! I locked myself in the office and cut the photos and framed them. If I do say so myself, they looked very nice.
I came out and gave them his photos, and chewy sweet thing in the shape of a rose, and a tiny box of chocolates which he shared with me (actually I think that I ate almost all of them).

He loved his photos! They meant something really special to him and he kept looking at them all afternoon.
He made me dinner tonight and we spent the evening chilling together. It was a good day, but even if there was no exchange of silly little gifts, it would have still been a great day. I don’t need Xavi to tell me he loves me today or make me feel special today. He does that every other day, today is no different!

No comments:

Post a Comment