Sunday, February 6, 2011

February Fun

Oh what a lovely weekend we have had! Xavi had to work on Saturday morning as usual but we decided to meet him around 11:30 down in Barceloneta beach for some tapas. This was perfect timing for me and noodle as it gave us a chance to do our breakfast thing and get dressed and for me to change 5 times before eventually deciding of something pretty to wear that didn’t huge my post baby belly! We opted for dresses and tights today! We met xavi and then later a friend or our Jimi came down as well. We had some lovely tapas and I treated myself to a cheeky little glass of wine. Although Emmeline got very cranky as she was tired and started to cry rather loudly. So I put her in her pram and took her for a walk along the beach hoping that would relax her and she would fall asleep. Well No, it didn’t. If anything, it irritated her even more that I have the nerve to put her in the pram instead of picking her up which is what she clearly would have preferred! So to teach me a lesson, noodle decided to scream even louder and harder. Yaay. I looked down and gently talked to her to try to relax her and mostly jsut so that I wouldn’t have to look at the people who were looking in our direction. I put my shawl wrap over the pram to block out the sun as she seemed to increase the level of her screaming every time the sun hit her face. We walked and walked, she screamed and screamed, people looked at me as if to say ‘how can you just leave her’. Eventually I couldn’t stand it any longer and picked her up. she stopped crying immediately. However I realised that her behaviour was due to the fact that she was sick and when she is sick she doesn’t want to be left alone. I went back to the table and the boys paid and off we went. I decided to not risk putting Emmeline back in the pram so I carried her while xavi pushed the pram. She nodded off and I have to say that I do love it when she falls asleep in my arms! The rest of the afternoon was spent chilling at home!

Sunday came and we then decided to catch a bus up to Montjuic and go for a walk. It was a lovely day and Emmeline was playing nice even though she was still sick. We took a lovely walk past the Olympic stadium and the museum and I got some nice photos of Emmeline on daddy’s shoulders and then biting the hell out of daddy’s ears! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

We decided that instead of catching the bus back, we would simply walk home! It took us a total of about 1.5 – 2 hours, but it was a lovely walk and this is a great city to walk around. I will never get bored of it! The added bonus is that Emmeline had a 1 hour nap in her pram! We met Jimi for a few tapas in a great little restaurant jsut around the corner from the flat and I munched on some lovely potatoes with allioli, yummy! Once again, we spent our afternoon relaxing at home.
A wonderful weekend! Now all we need is for little Emmeline to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment