Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saltimbanco

Ooooh, Circ de Soleil’s Saltimbanco today!



We bought the tickets ages ago and decided to take Yaincoa and one of his best friend's from school, Coral. I was so excited as I have only ever been to one other circus in my life I think and that was with Xavi a few years ago! I had seen the Circ de Soleil on the TV and it looked amazing! The tickets were fairly expensive, but it is Circ De Soleil, and I think that it is something everyone should go and see once in their lifetime! So off we went!


So we met Coral up in Montjuic where the circus was and just having the two kids there made me think about the little bean growing inside of me and what my life will be now with children of my own!



Let me just say that the circus was INCREDIBLE!! The opening act was breathtaking, the costumes were amazing, the music made me laugh out loud and get a lump in my throat, the acts were faultless..... Everything was just amazing! I found myself sitting at the edge of my seat the whole time with a grin on my face! Xavi and I couldn't stop looking at each other to say how amazing something was, or to ask of the other had just seen something incredible. We were actually so wrapped with each other and the circus that we didn’t notice that slowly but surely the two little 7 year old in-between us were getting more and more bored with every act!! I felt so disappointed with them, and then I had to remind myself that they are only children and they can't really appreciate this kind of circus like we can! But eventually I did have to say something when they started to hide under the chairs!




They did enjoy it, but maybe not quite as much as we did, I think they would have been more entertained with some clowns, horses, trapeze artists and one wheeled bicycles!

After that, we took Coral back to her mom Alicia and then Yaincoa asked if her could sleep with his mom, Sandra that night. It was our last night with him, but as the Three Kings festival had passed he wanted to go and stay with his mom to get his presents. For anyone who doesn’t know, in Spain they celebrate the Three Kings more than Christmas. The three kings is the 6th January and it is the day that the three wise men came and gave the gifts therefore over here it is the day that they give the presents to the children. Anyway, we couldn’t say no, and so he phoned her and we asked him to ask her if she could meet us half way. Of course she said no didn’t she? She will not lift a finger to help us ever. So back in the car and 30 minute drive to his flat. She came down to get him and as usual she had an image of ‘the victim’. I could not stand to look at her so I waited in the car!

Later that evening we phoned Yain to find out what the three kings bought him.

They (i.e. Sandra) bought a 7 year old boy an electric toothbrush and a mobile phone.


Normal huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment